Jun 15, 2010

Week 2 Thoughts on Abide in Christ

So you know how on occassion you have this aha/duh moment? Well, I had one of those ... it's simple, but profound ... for me anyway ... I'm sure it's just "duh" to everyone else. BUT, the Lord once said to me, "My simplicity is so profound;" so there you go, I suppose.
Anyway, in reaching the chapter entitled, "As Your Wisdom" I got super excited. As most of you know, wisdom is one of my strongest desires in life. I want it; I crave it; and, I ask for it really, really often! And maybe it's one of the reasons I leave my hair long ... hey, if there are any strands of wisdom in there, I'm not cutting them off!
Well, it was a nice chapter ... instilled some wisdom within me, if you will ... oh wait, it's already in me because I'm IN Christ who is the wisdom of God! That's what I learned. For years I have been asking for wisdom and seeking it in my own way; and, my own way is reading reading reading. My primary, really only, way of seeking wisdom has been through reading. To gain wisdom I have primarily sought knowledge; I should be primarily seeking Christ. I mean, if Christ is the wisdom of God, abiding within Him would probably be the absolute best way to attain wisdom. If I desire wisdom, and Christ is the wisdom of God, I should strive to be Christlike even more than I strive to be learned.
Like I said, I know it's a duh kind of thing, but I suppose until now I have been guilty of being ignorant of this profound simplicity!

2 comments:

David said...

No, that's really good. I remember when Daniel Simmons and I had conversations about that...Ecclesiastes 12--devotion to many books is wearying to the soul and James--he gives wisdom to those who ask. Really profound. The question has always been whether we have access to the wisdom of God among the noise of our lives. Is our soul still enough to hear?

aaron and leah vickroy said...

I loved this chapter as well.....I have actually had one of these duh moments lately. I think maybe this could be our input strength, but sometimes I have the fear that I will forget things that I know...or things that I once knew...I think that is why I try to collect everything and keep it organized so that I can look through past notebooks to try to give myself a refresher course occasionally. Earlier this month, we had a practice inner healing session and as it approached I began to be terrified because I had not looked over my information in awhile. So, naturally, I dragged out all of my notebooks, books, and notes and started to study them. Then it hit me that I didn't really need them at all. (I mean it is obviously good to prepare, that isn't what im saying) but I was relying way too heavily on the things that I thought were important. The Lord told me that He would show up and He is the one that brings freedom, all I have to do is go and be available and listen to Him. so basically, all I had to do was Abide in Him and He would do all the rest. It also is amazing because once I was in the room and leading a session, I had no trouble at all. So yay abiding.

so this had nothing to do with wisdom. oops. hmm...i think about wisdom and post something else