Jun 15, 2010

Oops ...

So I accidentally pressed "Publish Post" before I meant to ... so this is actually the end part of my last post: "Week 3 Thoughts on Abide in Christ." I just have a few more quotes to share with you all. I think I'm probably kidding myself that anyone will read this stuff, but I'm writing it anyway ... I was an academic ... that's my excuse for my long posts ... it worked in school ... I did well ... doesn't so much work here ... but y'all will love me anyway ...

ANYWAY

"I would say that the greatest temptation is to be without temptations. The greatest onslaught is to be without any onslaught at all. Therefore be glad when you are assaulted. With resignation, peace and consistency ... ABIDE. There, in internal regions, walk and live." Michael Molinos

"You must be patient in all the suffering that God sends you. If your love for the Lord is pure, you will love Him as much on Calvary as on Mt. Tabor. The Lord Jesus loved His Father on Mt. Tabor where He was transfigured, but He loved Him no less on Calvary where He was crucified. Surely, then, you should love the Lord as much on Calvary, for it was there that He made the greatest display of His love. ... How much do you desire to hunger after God? You will hunger after God, and find Him, in the same proportion that you hunger after the cross." Jeanne Guyon

0 comments: